Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Free Is Good

I'm on the look-out for free opportunities to gain the education I need. Kirsten is right. Take advantage of the free classes/workshops in your area. 

But in my case, for some reason, there have been none of those opportunities on the I91 corridor in southern Vermont. Oh yes, there are Knitting, Bird Watching, Alaskan Arctic Exploration, Journaling, Abenacky Archaeology, India Exploration and MicroSoft Word offerings. In addition great information on Resources for Women and Making Ends Meet. Nothing yet to meet my particular job hunt needs.

I have found a couple of sites offering free- and somewhat free- tutorials in Dreamweaver CS3. Here are the sites for your reference:
There are related links on the bottom of the entry.

I've been following these along and have gotten a lot of useful information.

This is an awesome site and only some of the content is free. They are trying to sell their service. The site and tutorials a well reviewed and for someone like me, it's an affordable alternative to paying for college courses.

There are most likely similar sites for many other programs. Surprisingly, the best place to start is youtube.com. Search the program you are interested in learning. Many of these websites have tutorials posted there. They will also link you to their sites (and better resolution video).

Another source is the iTunes podcasts. I have found a couple of wonderful learning series there.


No comments: