Thursday, February 7, 2008

Blogging First-timer, an Introduction

Okay. My friend said I should try out this blog thing. She told me it is good exercise. The sort that will put your your head in start mode and help with writing. Not one for exercise, I am probably not going to last long at this. But I'll give it a shot.

I'm hoping the hardest part of this process is coming up with a blog name. It took me two days. I have to say the name is appropriate. I'm always feeling like my mind is so filled with useless trivia that it dibbles out my ear.

So I need to share... Let me think, I tend to ramble. This happens especially when I'm writing. I hope I won't bore you to death with this blog. Please give me a few reads before you give up on me. Remember, I'm a newbie.

There have been some major changes in my life and lifestyle in the past year. My daughter grew up and now we are among the first "empty-nesters" of our group. My husband and I also decided to leave our life in Connecticut, put the house on the market and invest our money and our selves in creating and opening a mystery bookstore in Vermont. We named it, Mystery on Main Street (yes its actually on Main St). We found a great spot for the shop and within three months we were moved and the store was opened. I'm just beginning to get over the whiplash.

Here's my first (there won't be many, I promise) shameless plug for the store. If you are a mystery, suspense, true crime book aficionado, or would like to give one a try, check us out. The shop also carries a small assortment of games, jewelry and giftie items. If you are in the area stop by. Mystery on Main Street, 119 Main Street, Brattleboro, Vermont. There's easy access from Exit 1 or 2 on I91. Our web address, if you'd like to visit from the comfort of your home, www.mysteryonmain.com. Interested in reading another blog? My husband writes about what's new in mystery literature and what suits his fancy at www.mysteryonmain.blogspot.com. Plus, he's a much better writer than me.




2 comments:

Jennifer Thermes said...

Yay! You did it!
:-)

Susan said...

Thank you for being my first comment.